Youth’s perception they are respected, trusted, supported, valued by others, and able to make a difference in their community.
All applications are due Wednesday, May 31 @ 5pm.
Goals for Projects
We are looking to support projects that address two or more of the following goals:
- Safety. Youth want to live in a safer community, not just for physical safety but also to be empowered to be themselves.
- Support, Respect, and Fairness. Youth want to be treated fairly and with respect by adults. Having friendly, supportive, and positive relationships with adults provides the right role models to empower youth.
- Make a Difference. Youth want to be engaged and make a difference. This may be through providing meaningful opportunities and service-based activities. Meaningful engagement also includes youth involved in decision-making, leadership, and implementing a project.
Youth Matter Grants
Building a Community Where Youth Matter
AYDC’s Youth Matter grants are specifically intended to support community-based projects through promoting health, wellness, and other protective factors to support youth to feel like they matter to their communities. Projects are intended to support youth-led initiatives within the 12-16 year old age range.
Application Deadline: 5pm on Wednesday, May 31st, 2017
For details on the grant and how to apply, view our “AYDC Youth Matter Grant Guide“
- Download the “AYDC Youth Matter Grant Guide,”
- Fill out the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Or go online and fill out the form here.
Creating projects that support Anchorage youth: Your proposal may be service projects, mentorship programs, a series of events or activities, a media campaign, peer-to-peer programs, or more. Be creative and innovative in your approach.
Grant funding limits: A total of $25,000 is available for these Youth Matter Grants. Each project is limited to a maximum of $5,000 and must be focused on addressing two or more goals.
Our Aim: Projects are intended to support youth-led initiatives within the 12-16 year old age range.
If you have questions, please reach out to Lindsey at Lindsey@aydc.org.